Are you facing CKD – chronic kidney problems? If YES this article might be for you.
Nowadays many people are facing kidney problems, probably due to the sedentary lifestyle. With the advancement in technology, there are many options to treat kidney diseases. You can start dialysis before you face any severe symptoms of CKD (chronic kidney disease). If you feel so you can go to the lab for a kidney test to be certain about your health.
If your kidney health is poor and the doctor instructed you to start with dialysis, then do not delay in taking action. Some people may refuse to treat their kidney failure with dialysis, but this is not wise.
Kidneys play a significant part in our bodies. The bean-shaped Kidneys are present toward our back or on either side of the spine. The primary tasks for the Kidneys are:
- Filter blood
- Get rid of wastes and water as urine
- Regulate electrolytes
- Regulates water
Types of Kidney Problems
There are mainly 2 types of kidney problems based on the duration from which and to which kidney remains damaged:
ACUTE KIDNEY DISEASE / ACUTE RENAL FAILURE
Acute kidney disease or acute kidney injury occurs when the injury occurs for a shorter time period then is resolved. This occurs:
- Excessive blood loss
- Severe dehydration
- Excessive loose stools or vomiting
- Medications that damage kidneys
- Blockage in the renal system
- Kidney stone
- Autoimmune kidney damage
CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE / CHRONIC RENAL FAILURE
If the duration of kidney insult persists for months or years it is known to be converted to CKD. These includes:
- Long term uncontrolled diabetes
- Long term uncontrolled hypertension
- Persistent acute kidney injury
- Old age
- Low birth weight
- Excessive long term use of nephrotoxic medications
Symptoms of Kidney Disease
The various kidney problems or CKD has variable symptoms but the most common of them are:
- Frequent urination
- Pus in urine
- Blood in urine
- Swelling around eyes & ankles
- Decrease appetite
- Muscular cramps
- Flank pain can be bilateral
- Decrease urine output
- Shortness of breath
These can lead to permanent kidney disease or CKD.
In case the kidneys are damaged; thus, the wastes can build up in the blood & which will make you sick.
In case of severe kidney disease, you can go for either hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis. These are some of the essential treatments given to patients with CKD or acute Kidney failure. Many people are at risk of severe kidney disease.
Nowadays, kidney disease has become a major public health concern. Generally, people get to know about poor Kidney health in the last stages. People get to know about it when someone needs dialysis or a kidney transplant.
The primary purpose is to search & find the kidney disease before the problem begins. Everyone must go for regular body checkups as early detection of any disease can be cured. In this way, you will get to know about the toughness of the disease in advance.
Some Important Points to Remember
Here are some of the important points which you should remember if you have CKD:
- You should go for dialysis or a kidney transplant to survive at some specific point of CKD chronic kidney disease. This stage occurs when you have a Kidney failure. Reach the doctor if you have a constant fluid buildup & there is a symptom of too much urea as well as other wastes in the blood.
- If your doctor asked you to start dialysis, then do not ignore it as it may save your life for many years. Dialysis helps to make your kidney function is better and helps you lead a normal life with CKD. It may also help improve nutrition, reduce fluid in the body, & decrease the chance of going into the hospital for complications.
- Take your time to decide if you want to go for a kidney transplant or not. Though the dialysis process is time-consuming & also has serious side effects like low blood pressure and muscle cramps, but it is still beneficial for you to stay longer! With the help of dialysis, you will feel good.
- Are you thinking about starting the dialysis but feeling scary? The best advice is to choose the doctors who provide you with the right advice and introduce you to the benefits of dialysis.
- Dialysis will become a major part of your life. It is recommended to take good care of yourself during the dialysis process by intake a healthy diet. If you smoke regularly, then try to avoid it. This will help you to get the most benefits out of it.
Risk Factors For CKD & Kidney Failure
Knowing about the risk factors of Kidney failure can be highly beneficial for everyone as it helps to keep you safe. Here is the list of people with a high risk of Kidney failure as follows:
- Diabetic patients are a high risk
- High blood pressure
- If you have a serious heart disease
- Family history of kidney disease
- If you are 60 years older or more
- Intake of excess painkillers
- Kidney stones
If you face any symptoms mentioned above, you should consult a doctor for help immediately. The doctor may ask to take a medical test in order to detect any kind of kidney infection or high risk of kidney failure.
Tips to Avoid CKD
Here is the list of some important tips to stay healthy:
- Keep your BP at the normal level
- Try to manage the blood sugar levels
- Reduce the intake of salt
- Avoid eating painkillers
- Keep the consumption of the protein moderate
- Regular exercise is beneficial
- Try to control weight
- Take a balanced diet
- Stay hydrated
- Smoking may damage your kidneys & kidney damage will become worse with time. In case you are a smoker, simply talk to your doctor regarding the strategies for quitting smoking.
You can manage your medical conditions by taking the help of the doctors. If you have any diseases, which may increase the risk of kidney disease, it is better to work with your doctor to control the situation.
In A Nutshell
Ignoring the problem doesn’t help at all. Try to take the necessary steps for your health in order to avoid CKD. If you need a kidney health checkup visit the professionals to get the best recommendations for kidney disease treatment.
If you want to be healthy, always take the necessary precautions to stay fit and fine. End your search by finding the best hospital for kidney disease. Concerned about your loved ones who are facing kidney failure? Gain the complete guide for the Kidney treatment procedure by choosing highly skilled experts on time.
Follow Loaded Health for more recommendations like these.