Refreshing summer treat – mango and king of fruits is everyone’s favorite. I have talked about the health benefits of the mango already. Now it’s time to tell you some of our picks on healthy mango recipes. So, you can get the maximum out of this delicious summer feast.
Most of the mango recipes mentioned are healthy as they contain fat, protein, or complex carbohydrates as a combination that makes it a complete meal. These servings with mango will help you stay full for longer.
Top 10 Healthy Mango Recipes
Here are our top 10 picks on healthy mango recipes:
Pizza is everyone’s favorite and this is not a traditional pizza recipe I am sharing here. Instead, I am sharing a unique and healthy pizza that balances everything from carbohydrates to fats to proteins.
On the list of healthy mango recipes, this one is my personal favorite.
For Pizza Dough:
I prefer to make almond flour for this instead of all-purpose flour. You can also take coconut flour or cauliflower powder for making the pizza dough:
- Take 1 cup almond flour.
- Half a teaspoon of baking powder.
- 2 whole eggs.
- One tablespoon of olive oil.
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix everything and make a ball of dough.
- Spread this on butter paper in a pan. You can use oil spray if you want on that butter paper so the dough won’t stick.
- Put your pizza dough pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
Assembling The Pizza:
- 1 cup mango pulp.
- ¼ cup sliced green bell peppers.
- ¼ cup sliced onions.
- ¼ cup sliced of tomatoes.
- ½ cup sliced mangoes.
- ½ tbsp red chili flakes.
- Salt & black pepper to taste.
- Lemon juice 2 3 drops.
- Unprocessed cheese ½ cup.
- Oregano to sprinkle.
- Make mango pizza sauce in a pan. Take mango pulp and add salt, black pepper, lemon juice & red chili flakes. Mix well and cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from flame.
- Spread the mango sauce on the dough.
- Put bell peppers, tomato, and mango slices.
- Spread shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle oregano and red chili flakes.
- Put in the oven for 7-10 minutes until the cheese meltdown.
- Your mango pizza is ready to enjoy.
Note: You can add more fruits or vegetables as per your liking like olives, mushrooms. Plus for an extra protein boost add chicken or meat.
This is the traditional Asian recipe on the list of healthy mango recipes for those who love to eat curry daily. I have done some twists and turns in it to make it healthy enough.
- Olive oil ½ tbsp
- Red chili flakes 1tbsp
- Corriander seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Mustard seeds ½ tsp
- Curry leaves 3-4
- 1 chopped onion
- 2tbsp grated coconut
Grind everything together in a mixer to make a fine paste. Set aside.
- 4-5 whole peeled mangoes
- 2 mangoes for paste
- 1 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Spice mix
- Take 2 mangoes cut and blend finely in a mixer to make a paste.
- Add 4-5 peeled whole mangoes in the pan with a mango paste and 1 cup water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook on low to medium flame for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the spice mix too and stir well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame then enjoy.
MANGO & LIME JUICE / MANGO LEMONADE
Lemonade is itself a refreshing drink in summer. See benefits of lemon water. Adding mango to this will double the healthy side.
- 1 mango in cubes.
- ¼ tsp pink salt.
- Half a lemon.
- Ice as needed.
- Half cup water.
Put in mango cubes, water, salt, ice, and lemon juice in a blender and blend well. Enjoy.
MANGO WITH OATMEAL
Oatmeal is one of the top lists healthy breakfast options. Adding mango to it will make it more delicious and put it on the list of healthy mango recipes and the best breakfast option for summer.
- 1 cup mango puree.
- 1 cup oats.
- 2 cup water
- ½ cup mango chunks.
- Put a nonstick pan on low flame.
- Add mango puree and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add one cup oats and mix well.
- Now add 2 cups of water and mix well, let it boil.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- Keep on stirring from time to time.
- Take out in bowel and enjoy.
- Add mango chunks on the top for extra sweetness.
Consuming salad every day is a must. It is recommended to eat 3 servings of vegetables and 2 fruits every day. Consuming this mango salad will fulfill all these requirements deliciously.
- 1 medium mango
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1 small onion
- Half a lemon
- Corn 2 tbsp
- Olives 2tbsp
Cut all vegetables into small cubes. Mix and squeeze lemon mix well and enjoy. Seasonings are optional if you want to add you can.
MANGO ICE CREAM / MANGO MILKSHAKE
I doubt if mango milkshake or mango ice cream is not liked by anyone. This one is not considered a healthy option. But replacing nondairy milk and quitting sugar will make it healthy mango recipes and you can consume it daily.
- 1 cup mango.
- 1 glass of cold coconut milk.
- Ice cubes.
Blend everything thoroughly in a blender. For making ice cream out of it freeze it for 6-8 hours and enjoy.
Note: You can add yogurt to make a mango smoothie as well as cow milk or almond milk as per your preference.
Pancakes are another breakfast option. With some variation, you can make healthy mango pancakes for your breakfast.
- ½ cup oatmeal.
- 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
- 1 whole egg.
- ¾ cup mango fresh puree.
- Milk for making the batter.
- Grind oatmeal in a mixer and make a fine powder.
- Blend mango, milk, egg in a blender.
- Then add powdered oats and mix with a spoon in a blended mixture.
- Take a non-stick pan and use spray oil so your pancake will not stick.
- Spread evenly, put the lid and let it cook slowly till it golden brown.
- Now change the side and repeat the process.
- Once done spread honey on the pancakes or maple syrup for extra sweetness.
In this hot weather, mango sorbet will bring the heat out of you leaving you refreshed. Try this and thank me later.
- 2 cup mango puree
- 1 cup water
- Few drops of lemon juice.
- Put everything in the blender and blend well.
- Keep in the freezer for 4-6 hours and enjoy.
Mango is naturally sweet that is why it can be used to make desserts healthily. Mango pudding is one of the best healthy mango recipes as far as dessert options are concerned.
- 2 cup mango puree.
- 1 cup coconut milk.
- ¼ cup Cornflour mixed with milk.
- ½ tsp lemon juice.
- Add mango puree and milk in a blender to blend until uniform.
- Transfer to cooking pan and cook on low flame.
- Add cornflour and milk mixture gradually to the pan with continuous stirring.
- When you are sure there are no lumps left. Stir for 5 minutes and turn off the flame.
- Your mixture will be thickened.
- Squeeze lemon into it.
- Transfer into the molds and let it cool down and refrigerate for 1 – 2 hours.
- Unmold carefully and enjoy.
MEAT & MANGO SKEWERS
After mango pizza, this one is my second favorite. It will be consumed as a whole meal. Consume these healthy mango and meat skewers in your lunch. They are a combination of all the necessary macronutrients as well micronutrients.
- ½ cup curd.
- ¼ cup soya sauce.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste.
- 1 tbsp red chili powder.
- Salt to taste.
- 450 – 500 gm boneless chicken cubes 2 x 2 cm (beef and mutton can also be used).
- Little oil.
- Mix soya sauce, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, chili powder, salt in the curd and mix well.
- Add chicken cubes into it and mix well.
- Marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the pan. Put the mixture in the pan with little olive oil.
- Cover with lid and let it cook on low flame till there is no water left and chicken/meat is fully cooked.
- Remove from flame and set aside.
- 2 cups mango in cubes. Cut in 2 x 2 cm.
- 2 large tomatoes in 2 x 2 cm cubes.
- 1 large onion in 2 x 2 cm cubes.
- Cooked meat cubes.
- 12 skewers dipped in water.
- Prepare your meat and mango skewers by placing the chunks one by one on the skewer.
- Put meat cube, then mango cube, then tomato followed by onion.
- Repeat the sequence for all the skewers.
- Once done place them one by one on the grill and keep on turning for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook till the sides turn brown.
- Serve hot.
FAQs On Healthy Mango Recipes
IS IT OKAY TO HAVE MANGOES WITH SALT?
Yes, you can if you are making some recipe out of it that will be requiring the salt. Otherwise, added salt is not recommended for not only mangoes but for anything. Eating it raw without any seasonings will be great. Or pick your favorite among our top 10 healthy mango recipes.
IS IT OKAY TO HAVE MANGO WITH CHILI?
Yes, you can have little chili sprinkled on mango. There is no harm in it. But it’s better to enjoy the raw and natural flavor of it. Pick your favorite among our top 10 healthy mango recipes.
CAN I CONSUME MANGO WITH TAJIN?
Yes, you can consume mango with tajin. Just like chili, there is no harm in it. But it’s better to enjoy the raw and natural flavor of it. Pick your favorite among our top 10 healthy mango recipes.
IS MANGO WITH STICK RICE A GREAT COMBINATION?
The combination of sticky rice and mango is called Khao Niaow Ma Muang. White rice is a simple carbohydrate. If you want to consume mango with rice better be it brown rice instead of white.
IS IT OKAY TO HAVE MANGO WITH YOGURT?
Yes, it will be great. Yogurt and mango will make a great dessert together and healthy as well.
IS MANGO WITH MILK HEALTHY?
Mango milkshake is undoubtedly the best thing to do with mango. So, yes you can consume mango with milk, but try not to add sugar to it. You can also use non-dairy milk that would be better.
MANGO WITH MILK VS MANGO WITH COCONUT MILK
Cow milk has lactose to it which is intolerant to many. Plus, just like mango, it is a form of carbohydrates mainly with a portion of fats and proteins. Cow milk with mango is a great combination. Still, mango with coconut milk will give more aroma to the dish and more delicious and healthy.
CAN YOU FREEZE MANGO PULP?
Yes, Mango pulp and puree can be frozen in the freezer for months and yet healthy to consume.
The Bottom Line
The takeaway message in this healthy mango recipes article is that everything nature has guaranteed is great for the human body. It’s the portion size and combination choice that shows its adverse effect. This also applies to mangoes.
All these recipes are healthy just with a few variations. Consume them as your main meal and preferably at breakfast or lunchtime. Don’t add sugar to any one of them. If there is a fat or protein source available instead of carbohydrates for example: instead of cow milk use coconut or almond milk.
Even if you having carbohydrates with mangoes take complex carbs instead of simple one as mango itself is a simple carb.
Enjoy these mango recipes and let us know how they turned out to be. Keep on following loaded health for more healthy recipes and options.